Terms of Service
You can read our full Terms of Service below. However, since we know that reading through any full Terms of Service is a pain, so we decided to offer you a summary as well:
- You can use modulosdesk.com through a web browser. It’s free but you’ll have to pay for the furniture you order.
- Our website is built in a way that we don’t ask you to create an account with us to order furniture. You do provide your personal data to us, but only when you order a product – in that case you provide your payment and shipping information so we can fulfill your order.
- Once you place your order by completing the checkout process, your payment will be processed using PayPal, and the information about your order and your shipping and billing information will be passed to PayPal in order to enable us to track and fulfill your order.
- The content of our website as well as the design of our products are all (and will remain) copyright protected. We do not transfer or grant consent for the use of our copyright protected work.
- You can submit a complaint about a defective or an incomplete product. You can do that within three months from when you’ve noticed a defect (but not after six months from when you’ve received your product). We will process you complaint within 14 days and will let you know if we will fix, or replace your product. We cover the costs of shipments made in connection with your complaint.
- If the product you have received is according to your specifications, nor defective, we do not accept returns.
1. General Provisions
- 1.2The Service is run by Modulos Furniture Systems Ltd. with its registered office in Zagreb, Avenija Dubrovnik 15/12, 10020 Zagreb, entered into the commercial register of the National Court Register maintained by the District Court for the capital city of Zagreb, OIB: 91974052513, e-mail: email@example.com (the “Provider”).
- 1.3The Provider provides each user of the Service (the “User”) with access to the Service and, in particular, access to the elements of the Service enabling:
- a) ordering of individual Products offered by the Provider,
- b) creating custom Configurations (enabling the user to combine multiple Products into one Configuration and choosing the material for those Products),
- c) ordering self-configured or pre-configured Configurations of individual Products offered by the Provider,
- d) The Services are provided free of charge. The User, however, will assume the costs associated with the order, such as the price of the Product and the cost of the Product’s shipping.
2. Payment Terms and Policies
- 2.1modulosdesk.com uses a third-party service, PayPal (https://www.paypal.com), to process payments. modulosdesk.com does not store credit card information on its own servers.
- 2.2You understand that modulosdesk.com uses the Stripe API to run the Service and that the Stripe API is subject to change at any time and such changes may adversely affect the Service. You understand and agree to not hold the Provider liable for any adverse affects that actions (whether intentional or unintentional) on the part of Stripe may cause to Your Stripe account, or Your business.
- 2.3You must not process stolen credit cards, or unauthorized credit cards through Stripe.
- 2.4All transaction information passed between modulosdesk.com and Stripe’s systems is encrypted using SSL certificates. No cardholder information is ever passed unencrypted. You can be completely assured that nothing we pass to Stripe’s servers can be examined, used or modified by any third parties attempting to gain access to sensitive information.
3. User Account and Personal Data
- 3.1The use of services referred to in section 1.3 fo these Terms do not require the User to create an account on this modulosdesk.com
- 3.2If the User decides to place an Order on modulosdesk.com, the User is required to provide his shipping and billing information for purposes of processing the payment. That information is not stored by the website, but only passed to Stripe, where it will be recorded for payment and fulfillment purposes.
4. The Order
- 4.1An Order is submitted once the user:
- (i) determines the Order Specification by modifying the contents of the Shopping Cart
- (ii) provides the necessary shipping and billing information during the Checkout Process
- (iii) presses a cleary marked button triggering the payment process
- (iv) gets rerouted to a page confirming the success of the order and providing with an order ID
- 4.2Once the Order has been placed:
- the Provider is obligated to provide the User with a Product suitable for use and non-defective, and
- the User is obligated to pay the final price of the product. For all Users within the European Union, the final Product price indicated in the Service is gross (i.e. includes VAT).
- 3.3Once the Order is submitted and processed by Stripe, the User will receive an e-mail confirming the Order’s final Specification and its acceptance by the Provider. At this point a contract for a sale of the ordered Product has been concluded between the Provider and the User (the “Purchase Agreement”) and the Order, the Specification, as well as, the Purchase Agreement itself, may not be amended.
- 3.4The Provider will begin to execute the Order (i.e. initiate the Product’s production and delivery) immediately after confirmation of the User’s relevant payment is provided by Stripe.
- 3.5The production process – from Users’s order through to finished Product – can take up to 45 days. Once the production and packaging of the Product is complete the Product is turned over to a company providing transport, delivery or freight forwarding services (the “Deliverer”). The Deliverer delivers the Product to the User. The risk of damage to or loss of the Product is transferred upon the User once the Product has been duly delivered to the User.
- 3.6In special cases caused by the specific nature of the Order, in particular, high volume of Products in the Order, the obligation to use materials meeting quality requirements, the obligation to test the products to ensure their compliance with technical requirements, the Provider reserves the right to extend the deadline set in Point 3.5 of these Terms. The Provider will immediately inform the User of the expected new delivery time, which will constitute an amendment of the terms of the Order.
4. Intellectual Property
- 4.1Unless otherwise noted, all materials, including images, illustrations, designs, icons, photographs, video clips, and written and other materials that appear as part of this Site (collectively, the “Contents”) are protected by copyrights and international treaty provisions owned, controlled or licensed by Modulos Furniture Systems Ltd, or its affiliates (collectively, “Modulos”). The Site as a whole constitutes protected intellectual property and trade dress, and all worldwide rights, titles and interests in and to the Site and all elements therein are owned by Modulos.
- 4.2The Contents of our Site, and the Site as a whole, are intended solely for personal, noncommercial (other than for the purchase of merchandise from our Site) use by the users of our Site. You may download or copy the Contents and other downloadable materials displayed on the Site for your personal use only. No right, title or interest in any downloaded materials is transferred to you as a result of any such downloading or copying. You may not reproduce (except as noted above), publish, transmit, distribute, display, modify, create derivative works of, sell or participate in any sale of, or exploit in any way, in whole or in part, any of the Contents of the Site.
- 5.1The User has the right to file a complaint about a Product (the “Complaint”) which, at the time of its delivery to the User, was defective and which, in particular, was: a) inconsistent with Order specification, b) damaged, c) incomplete. The right to file a Complaint does not apply to a Product damaged or incomplete due to User’s fault.
- 5.2The User may file a Complaint within three (3) months from the date in which the Product’s defect has been noticed, but no later than after six (6) months from the date the Product has been delivered.
- 5.3The User files the Complaint in an e-mail sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. The Complaint should briefly describe the defects observed and, if possible, include photos illustrating them.
- 5.4On the basis of the information contained in the Complaint, the Provider will:
- a) accept or refuse to accept the Complaint, or
- b) request the User to provide additional information or send the Product to the Provider’s address, in order to examine its defects in more detail, and will subsequently accept or refuse to accept the Complaint.
- 5.5The Provider will consider the Complaint within 14 (fourteen) days from the date of its receipt. Once this period lapses, the Complaint shall be deemed accepted.
- 5.6If the Complaint is accepted, the Provider may remove the defect by replacing the Product (or its element) with a new one or by fixing it. The Provider may refuse to satisfy the User’s request to replace or fix the Product, whenever this is impossible or may be excessively costly when compared to other available remedies of the Product’s defects. In such a case, the Provider will propose other remedies in order to remove the defects referred to in the Complaint.
- 5.7The Product’s return and replacement (as well as, other shipments of the Product – or its elements’ – resulting from the Complaint) shall be at the sole expense and risk of the Provider.
- 5.8The Provider shall inform the User of his refusal to accept the Complaint and the reasons of doing so by way of an e-mail sent to the User’s address provided during the Order or with the Complaint.
- 5.9In the event of a dispute between the Provider and the User concerning the Provider’s refusal to accept the Complaint, the User is entitled to the benefit of alternative dispute resolution. In particular, the User may refer his case to a mediator or to an arbitration court by filing an applicable form – a request for mediation or an application to the arbitration court – with a relevant institution.
- 6.1In case the conditions to file a Complaint, listed under section 5.1, are not met, the User does not have a right to request a return of the Product.